;

Thursday, September 1, 2011

How to Save a Life

You could use CPR, should anyone need it. Perhaps you could work as a doctor. Even better, you could donate blood or organs. A life guard, according to the name, guards peoples' lives by saving them. Perhaps you could have an important, personal conversation with someone, convincing them not to take their own. I'm sure that there are more ways to save a life, also.

But that's not the kind of life that I talk about, is it? Is it a different definition of life, perhaps? I'd say no. It's actually something that is impossible for the human mind to figure out. Similarly, it's something that is of an immeasurable value. Something that cannot be compared with how many physical lives you save. It is so valuable that the entire world should be traded for it, should anyone actually own the entire world. Oddly enough, it cannot be bought or traded for anything, which only adds to the mystery of a humans' inadequacy to ponder such a thing.

I'm sure that, by this point, you all know that what I'm referring to is eternal life. As I've already said, we can't actually comprehend such a thing, simply because we are finite beings. So, if we can't even understand it, how can we make any sort of difference in it, or save it as the title suggests? I've said it before, that we simply can't. Only God can. But he can use us as the tool, as the vessel to actually make a difference.

So how do you save a life? Well, you can't just do nothing and expect something to happen. So go out and do something. It's as simple as that. It might actually be the hardest thing that you'll ever do, that is, sharing the gospel with someone, but by far it is the most rewarding; both in this life and eternity.

The micromanaged Freewill
~Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment