;

Monday, August 8, 2011

Does It Matter?

Before I get started, I'll answer the question. No, it really doesn't. In fact, it's just about irrelevant, not even worth mentioning, and it should be odd to even consider it. What am I talking about? The economy. To be more ambiguous the world in general.

'WHAT? But, if I don't get to go to collage because the economy crashes and my collage funds aren't worth anything anymore, I won't be able to get a good job, even if there are any left after a recession! If I don't get a job, I can't make money to support a family and all my dreams will be ruined! Oh no!'

Oh yes! That's the most ridiculous thing that I've ever heard, no joke. But for those of you who don't care to think about your future, politics or the state of the world in general, it probably looks more like this:

'But, if I don't get level 99 range by Thursday, I won't be able to kill that boss with my friends that night! I've got to go hardcore and get it...'

Heck, it could be anything. But why is all of it irrelevant completely? Simply because it's of the world. If we see the stock market drop continually for a week and are worried about it, then there's a problem. That problem is that we aren't relying on God. Sure, we might be going into harder and harder situations, but if we care enough about this world to spend time building up the things of the world, then it's likely that we're of the world. Whether it's spending hours on end growing pixels, or sitting around watching the every move of the economy, scared of what effect that it will have on you, it's all the same, it's all the world, and it's all sin.

I can't tell you how mad I get at my own self sometimes when I realize that I'm putting my time into entertainment, normal gain, or intellectual growth when I could actually be following Christ and doing something useful with my time. Quite literally, we should be spending 0% of our time trying for profit in this world. It simply doesn't matter.

The same way that I struggle with more known sins, I should be struggling with this sin. All Christians should be. Yet, more times than not, our selfish selfs win over our mind, convincing us that we need to be doing anything other than spending time in the Bible, in prayer, or doing work that is pleasing to God.

Answer me this, does this world count for anything at all in the light of an eternity? AT ALL? (Yes, I'm yelling.) The only thing that we can get from this world is reward in heaven. And that's all we should be trying to get.

End of line.

~The Micromanaged Freewill
~Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment