Hello! This will be my first post! While I am not on Runescape very often and have not had as much experience in the online "field", I am a follower of the Lord, Jesus Christ, and I believe that even though I am not sure of my own ideas He can use me to further His Kingdom.
So, why am I writing at all? Why do I try to evangelize on Runescape? Because Jesus commanded his disciples to tell the whole world about him. To always be a light and work for the glory of the Father. And I believe that one cannot be a follower of Christ and not try to further His Kingdom. We therefor take advantage of the Internet as a social place that can be used to spread the Gospel.
The question I would like to address is one that I have wrestled with myself. Why should we try to evangelize on Runescape? I mean, it is so impersonal and indirect, how could anyone actually get saved? (First off, if you don't think God could save people over the Internet we have a problem, but let's forget about that for now) And, where is the Biblical example for this kind of evangelism? Isn't Jesus supposed to be our example for everything? When did he get on a computer and preach the Word?
These are good questions. Thankfully, God provides good answers. I love it when He does that! Let's go straight to the last question, "When did Jesus get on a computer and preach the Gospel?" Well, He did not. But change the question to this, when did Jesus have a group of people that He would probably never talk to again or never have a chance for a personal relationship with all of them? If you and me read the same book, this happened a LOT.
I see three main types of evangelism in Jesus's ministry.(there are more these just occur repeatedly) One, people that he spent a large amount of time with. Think of the Twelve, the seventy-two, people like that. For these people Jesus evangelized by His actions. They could see the Gospel in Him. Next, the people who would follow Him for a time, like through a city or area. With these people He told stories or parables that would get them interested or question things that they know or just confuse them. He said all this to get them to listen and think, to make them pursue Him. Last, one time large scale meetings. The Sermon on the Mount is what I am talking about here. This is when he gave them advise on how to live.
Now that that is done, where does Runescape Evangelism fit in. I think it fits into the second classification. This realization helped me to accept Online Evangelism. You see, we cannot and will not save people on Runescape, but a Parable never saved someone either. What we can do is plant seeds and spark interest. Jesus did this many, many times.
One more thing I would like to say is that mauve we should nought through the Gospel at everyone immediately. We should follow Jesus's example and show interest in them first. If the people then show interest in us, therefor showing interest in the One who sent us, we can proceed with the Gospel.
I know that what I have said is not airtight and arguable. But I do not doubt that there is usable truth in it also.
Your Brother in Christ,
Stephen
No comments:
Post a Comment